Book Review: Divortiare
Posted May 19, 2012on:
1. A beautiful, modern, young career woman
2. Spend hours in the busiest city every day
3. Must look good in every meeting with client, even tou’ she didn’t get enough rest time
4. “Business trips are the greatest perks of my job –> sama-sama suka business trip :D, kerjaan nya meeting sana – meeting sini, suka ketemu orang-orang baru (yang lama juga :p )
5. Fall in love with non-romantic man, yang kalo ngomong straight to the point, tanpa tedeng aling-aling, dingin, tapi di few special times, we just realize, he never fake to you
6. Married in young fresh 25 years old
7. Postpone the baby born program
8. Then, many times, she pushed her self too hard.
Sounds like I had just describing my own self? Hahahaha, that’s why I feel so close with the main character, Alexandra Rhea, a beautiful workaholic 27 years-old-widow.
But I have much more way smarter than hers in shopping 🙂
And I’m a wife, and will always be.
This 320 pages novels criticize, warn, and yet, teach me about living a marriage, by story itself, the failure of Alex’s.
I remembered nights when I and my hubby got a fight, just because we are already tired, and enhance fire from little, ridiculous, un-important thing.
Told from firs perceptive side, this novel brought the readers to the fluctuating emotions of a woman, a grown-up woman, who trap in her thoughts, stubborn, love-life, career, friendship, family, tradition, social- paradigm. Hell yeah, that’s what we call “a life”, isn’t it?
Actually I am not one of Metropop’s fan, hhm, not any more I guess haha. I love the way Ika Natassa, the writer, brought the stories, with bahasa and English in certain times, lugas, tapi masih enjoyable at the same time.
And I think, all attributes and details about Jakarta mentioned in this novel, are such a great composition within…since they made me feel so close with this story!
Fun, chick, modern. Love it!
*browse the next book: twivortiare